The Canadian Tenors... what words are there to describe how truly amazing this singing group is? I would say they're a mix between Michael Buble and Josh Groban. Some pop, some opera. I first heard them on Oprah. My mom knows I love music and she's always watching out for songs and groups that she thinks I would like so she saved this episode for me and all I have to say is THANK YOU MOMMA!!! They performed Hallelujah (one of my favorite songs) with Celine Dion and they were AMAZING! So over the next couple days, The Canadian Tenors were all I could think about, and the funny thing was that I could have sworn I had heard of them before Oprah, but I couldn't quite put my finger on where. And then it dawned on me, that maybe I had seen their name on the DSC Celebrity Concert Series schedule that I've been carrying around with me for the last 10 months. So I got it out, and sure enough, there they were! Performing on March 1 and 2 in the Cox Auditorium. I can't put into words how excited I was to see that this amazing group was performing in St. George. So I called my Canadian friend, thinking she'd for sure want to come with me to see them, and sure enough, she did.
The concert was so good! They made me laugh, they made me cry, and at the end of the night, that little concert shot right to the top of my "best concerts ever" list. It was so much fun to see and talk to them after the show. Those guys are so down to earth!! Here's a picture of us with them... do you recognize the guy next to me??
If you don't, watch She's The Man and take a closer look at Duke's soccer friends. :) That's right! Not only does this guy sing (BEAUTIFULLY!!!!!), but he knows Channing Tatum, too. Looks like I've found my future husband! :)
Here are a couple of their songs that I love...

1 comment:
Man, Canadians sure know how to do music. This group is an excellent example. Up there with them is Avril Lavigne, Lights, and Dallas Green just to name a few.
Post a Comment