"Look unto me in every thought;
doubt not, fear not." D&C 6:36
This week has been kinda hard for me. I know that God has BLESSED me with challenges and I DO look at this time in my life as a blessing, but that doesn't change the fact that it's been hard. Tonight especially. It's the culmination of a bunch of little things over the last couple of days and tonight I felt the weight of it all. I was driving back to St. George from Hurricane and I just felt like crying and letting it all out when a song came on the radio. The lyrics were exactly what I needed to hear and I felt the Spirit testify to me that what I'm doing is right, even if it IS hard.
I love when that happens! I love the reassurance God gives us every now and then that we're on the right path. Anyway, I just wanted to share this song about FAITH with you and testify that I KNOW that God lives and loves us and blesses us and knows what is best for us.
Walk On The Water by Britt Nicole
You look around
It's staring back at you
Another wave of doubt
Will it pull you under?
You wonder
What if I'm overtaken?
What if I never make it?
What if no one's there?
Will you hear my prayer?
When you take that first step
Into the unknown
You know that He won't let you go
So what are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities try to hold to you
You know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all it takes and you can
Walk on the water too
So get out and let
Your fear fall to the ground
No time to waste
Don't wait
Don't you turn around and miss out
Everything you were made for
I know you're not sure
So you play it safe
Try to run away
If you take that first step
Into the unknown
He won't let you go
So what are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities try to hold to you
You know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all it takes and you can
Walk on the water too
It's staring back at you
Another wave of doubt
Will it pull you under?
You wonder
What if I'm overtaken?
What if I never make it?
What if no one's there?
Will you hear my prayer?
When you take that first step
Into the unknown
You know that He won't let you go
So what are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities try to hold to you
You know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all it takes and you can
Walk on the water too
So get out and let
Your fear fall to the ground
No time to waste
Don't wait
Don't you turn around and miss out
Everything you were made for
I know you're not sure
So you play it safe
Try to run away
If you take that first step
Into the unknown
He won't let you go
So what are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities try to hold to you
You know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all it takes and you can
Walk on the water too
Step out, even when a storm hits
Step out, even when you're broken
Step out, even when your heart is telling you to give up
Step out, when your hope is stolen
Step out, you can't see where you're going
You don't have to be afraid
What are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities try to hold to you
You know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all
It takes and you can
Walk on the water too
Step out, even when you're broken
Step out, even when your heart is telling you to give up
Step out, when your hope is stolen
Step out, you can't see where you're going
You don't have to be afraid
What are you waiting for?
What do you have to lose?
Your insecurities try to hold to you
You know you're made for more
So don't be afraid to move
Your faith is all
It takes and you can
Walk on the water too

3 comments:
Hey cute girl! Don't you love how wonderful the spirit is? I have been going through the same thing...probably for different reasons. I have had a really hard time finding teaching jobs here in Virginia. It has been such a let down! But, I have also had the Lord testify to me that I am where I am supposed to be even if things are turning out different than expected! Thanks for sharing this song! It's exactly what I needed! I hope everything turns out okay for you! You only deserve to be happy!
Lauren, i hope things are going better for you! I agree with Heather, you deserve happiness!! This is gonna sound weird but I had almost the same experience & that song came on the radio!! Seriously!!! She has a lot of other good songs too!
Lauren! I love that song! She has a new song out called hold on I think. It's a good one too.
Post a Comment