Thursday, September 9, 2010

And Who Said I Can't Ramble On and On and On...

Life...

A little while ago I went down to Las Vegas with Tyler, Callin and Nicole... (oh yeah, and Callin's mom.) We stayed at a time share and played around on the strip. It was pretty fun. We ate dinner at Chipotle Friday night. (#17, check!!!) I think it was yummier in my memory, but that's alright. It's still a check off my list. :) We also rode the New York, New York roller coaster. I tried to convince everyone that Primm "really isn't that far away" and that "the roller coaster is totally worth it, I promise" but apparently I'm not the best at organizing a persuasive argument. Dang it. I guess #5 will just have to wait.

I thoroughly enjoyed having Dan Worwood back in good ole H-Town for the little while he was here. We didn't hesitate to jump right into the fun. We went 4-wheeling with Chancen and his girlfriend one night Out South (yes, I'm capitalizing it) during a rain/lightning storm. I've gotta say, sitting out on those big rocks at the sand dunes gave us a pretty awesome view of the whole storm. Way cool!! (Random side note: Kimber makes the best fajitas EVER!!!!) Dan and I also spent a whole afternoon floating around at the lake whilst talking about school, our love lives, our career choices, and the other wonderful (and maybe not so wonderful) things that have consumed our existence of late. I was glad to spend the afternoon with him and get some more sun in the process. :) Oh, and I can't forget the Mocking Jay party at Barnes and Noble we went to with Jordan Youd. SO MUCH FUN!!! They had a lot of different "booths" around the store where you could discuss the possibilities of the 3rd book, master your trap making skills, or be a part of The Reeping. There were lots of people dressed up as Capitol citizens with their weird makeup and crazy awesome hair. I'm eternally grateful that Dan understands my sense of humor ("maybe there was a prophecy that predicted that Katniss would...") and that he was just as excited about the crazy hair dos as I was. But yeah, Dan's an awesome guy and I totally had a blast hanging out with him while he was down here.

And speaking of awesome people... Leah Wilson!! Why have I never known her before this summer?? She is another person that I only had down here for a short while, but she's flippin amazing and I loved our walks, especially with Beth. And our talks. Ha ha, there's my little shout out to her. :)

The rest of my life has been a myriad of people coming and going, including Tierra, my bestie, who just moved back up to Utah State... without me... sad day. I helped her move up there a couple weeks ago. It was a quick trip, but SO enjoyable!! I had such a great time seeing Mack, Alisha, Corinna and Amber and meeting all of the new KDs (there were so many girls I didn't know!! ha ha) I also got to see Sam while I was up there. He's such a cool kid!! Leaving Logan Sunday night was hard. I didn't want to go and I'm not ashamed to say that the tears were flowing as I was driving away. I really miss it up there. I also, for what seemed like the millionth time in those 2 days, said a prayer asking, hoping, pleading that by this time next year I'll be back up in Logan. I've done my research and Utah State is definitely where I want to go to school. :)

Labor Day Weekend was a lot of fun. I was so glad when I found out that Emily was coming down. And Tierra. And pretty much everyone else that moved away this summer. I spent most of the weekend hanging out with Makenzie and Emily. Saturday night, I got a call from my mom asking if me and a friend would like to come chaperone (spelling??) Desert Hills High School's Homecoming Dance. Kinda long story, we ended up doing it. And boy am I glad!! I had so much fun watching Jon have so much fun. He's a senior this year. I can't believe how time flies!! Speaking of that, Megan turned 16 on Sunday!! Seriously... where did all the time go?! They're not old enough to be that old!! Ha ha :)

I started listening to Eat, Pray, Love on disk yesterday. My mom listened to it on the way to Texas and she's been talking about it ever since. It's really good so far (I'm only in the first couple chapters). I love that the author makes me laugh out loud and I consider her honesty refreshing. The book is definitely personal, but I like that. :)

Sunday was my last day in the Hurricane Singles Ward. I knew it was Fast Sunday when I woke up and I thought all day about whether or not to bear my testimony and I decided against it since I was teaching the lesson in Relief Society. I didn't want to make all the girls listen to me twice, ha ha! Sacrament Meeting rolled around and I was fine at first. Still determined not to get up and bear my testimony. We sang the opening hymn and strangely enough, I didn't really feel the Spirit. I thought that was weird and kinda wrong so I said a quick prayer that I would feel the Spirit that day at church. Bad idea. I was so overcome with the Spirit. I knew right away there was no way I WASN'T going to bear my testimony. I fought the feeling the whole time, not wanting to take up time in Sacrament Meeting when I already had a good 40-minute chunk of time set aside for just me in Relief Society, but I finally decided it'd be better to just follow the Spirit so I got up. I remember Andrea saying once that a testimony is like a pair of jeans. The more often you wear em' (bear it) the more comfortable you'll be. I always think of that when I feel uncomfortable about going up to bear my testimony. ANYWAY... Sunday was very emotional for me. I taught about music and hymns in RS. I asked a girl in the ward to do a musical number right at the beginning and she brought along her sister who plays the cello. They did such an amazing job!!! The song was so beautiful and the cello just made my overcome-with-the-spirit-thing 10 times worse. I could hardly speak. I wish I was one of those people who gets really happy and doesn't cry when they speak about the gospel, but I'm not. Don't get me wrong, it makes me happy, but every time I want to talk about it, I start to cry. I can't NOT cry!! It's kind of ridiculous. Anyway, the lesson went well and by the end of church, I was emotionally exhausted. I'm really sad to leave that ward. I've never really understood how people can get so attached to a ward until now. I've never been in a better ward. And I sincerely mean that. The Hurricane Singles ward has been, by far, my most favorite ward. I am excited, though, to go to my new ward. I think it will be fun. I love meeting new people.



Anyway... that's pretty much it for now.
That was a long one. ha ha
I hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

2 comments:

The Stratton's said...

That was a fun little novel to read :) I'm glad you're my sister.

l a u r e n said...

Ha ha, thanks. I'm glad you are my sister, too. :)