Family History :)
I'm not a genealogy person. I don't know who begat who throughout the generations of my family and filling in a pedigree chart doesn't sound exciting to me. I'm familiar about as far back as my great grandparents and then things start getting fuzzy.
BUT...
hearing stories about my family brings tears to my eyes. I love listening to stories about my grandparents and my great grandparents. I have taken a pretty big interest in my Grandpa and Grandma Goettsche in the last few years. My grandpa wrote his life story and completed half of it before he died. My grandma found it when she was cleaning out his desk and finished his history.
These two raised seven boys and one girl and I've talked to a lot of them recently about their experiences growing up. I am fascinated by the family that my dad grew up in and would love to find out more. I cherish each story that has been shared with me and I hope to document all of them someday. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment