Today, while I was on my way to work, I passed three humvees driving north on I-15. Kinda strange, I thought. I don't usually see humvees driving around here in Southern Utah.
Immediately, I was filled with gratitude for just how true that statement is.
I live in Hurricane, Utah. A small, safe little town. I don't worry about my safety or the safety of my family and friends. I don't hear gunshots in the streets and I've never seen the panic that comes when a bomb goes off. I've never had to stay inside my house because insurgents were fighting outside. I can drive on the streets without worrying about IEDs.
I'm so grateful that I was born in America, a land of freedom and promise. God could have sent me anywhere. How lucky I am that He sent me here. And how lucky I am to have dear friends that serve in the military.
What a great way to remember what happened on September 11, 2001.
God Bless America
God Bless Our Troops
No comments:
Post a Comment