Monday, September 10, 2012

Late Night Thoughts

Lindsay and I want to write a book about self-confidence. We've been studying it and discussing it for over a year now and we have a lot of great ideas. We've been trying out some new stuff and it seems to be working well. It's mostly for women/girls, but it has benefited some guys, too. I love talking to her about this and we love to share it with other people... hence the book. It's a work in progress... well, not actually in progress yet, but we've realized that all of our ideas need to be put down on paper soon. So yeah, we're going to be working on that for the next little while.

I am enrolled in two Institute classes: The Gospel and The Productive Life and also Book of Mormon: Part 1. Brother Hunsaker and Brother Krebs are amazing teachers and I know I'm going to love learning from both of them. The Gospel and The Productive Life is going to be a great class. I am so fascinated by Bro. Hunsaker and the things that he has prepared for this semester. He's shining a new light on a lot of everyday topics. The whole goal is to bring the gospel into everyday life, which I've been trying to do more as I've gotten older. So that class is going to be awesome. And the Book of Mormon class is going to be amazing!! Bro. Krebs has great information prepared, but is so ready and willing to let the Holy Ghost lead the discussion. I love classes like that, where it's so discussion based and the teacher is more concerned on covering what the class needs instead of the information that's in the manual. :)

I finally met with my Bishop today (Sunday) and got to know him a little bit better. It's fun when people get to know who I really am. Almost always they comment on how I'm not like a lot of the other "kids" my age. I take that as a compliment. I like being different, but I can tell they're actually understanding who I am. I especially love getting to know my Bishops because they have a certain sense of what I need. I was given a calling today that I think I'm really going to enjoy. So that's exciting.

Hair school has been a GREAT thing so far. I get along so well with the other girls that started with me. Bobbie, Hailee, Slader, Nat, McKenzie, Kiersten, Michelle, Kaylee, Shawnee and Nati. These girls are so much fun which is good because we're stuck in a tiny little room together all day everyday. Most of them are recent high school grads, which makes it fun. We tell stories and laugh non-stop. I get teased for being "old" even though Michelle is my age (23) and Kaylee is 22. I'm super excited to spend the next 2000 hours of my schooling with them. They make up for the sometimes difficult instructors.

Logan is absolutely everything I hoped it would be when I moved up here. I have made so many friends and am getting to know so many different kinds of people. I have loved hiking around town. It's such a beautiful place to live. I'm trying to be outside as much as possible while it's still warm. Pretty much everyone is hoping for a "real winter" this year, but the warm winter Logan had last year doesn't sound too bad to me.

What else is going on in my life...

Not too much right now. Just school and friends. Life is good. I mean, it always is, but it especially is right now. Lots has changed and it's definitely been a rough ride, but I love that God knows exactly what I need and that He gives it to me. There's no doubt that God is real and that He loves me. I'm so grateful that I know that, too. It makes me sad when people don't understand how great God is and that He's real. He is so alive and involved. How could you not recognize Him in your life?? Anyway, I'm super grateful for the trials and blessings in my life. I feel like the refiner's fire has backed off a little bit, which I'm grateful for, but I know that it's just a rest before God will try to better me some more. :) I remember thinking a while back that looking back on my trials, I know I needed them and that they made me a better person. I can look back on them and be grateful because I can see how much those trials actually helped me in the long run. So knowing that, I try to have a good attitude going IN to trials. I figure if I'm going to be grateful for this later I might as well be grateful for it now. And I really do try to do that. It's not always easy, but I try.

Anyway, that's pretty much all that's going on. I hope everyone's life is just great. If not, pray for some happiness. 
Prayer works cuz God listens. :)

xoxo

No comments: