We roll our eyes at ourselves when we think about how fast it happened. Neither of us wanted to be "that couple." You know, the ones that say "when you know you know." But that's us!!! Haha, all jokes aside, though, I'm incredibly happy and I couldn't have found a more perfect man for me. I'm really excited to spend my life with J. He's the best. :)
Not very many of my friends and/or family know Jarvis really well so I'll fill you in on the important things:
-J likes milk chocolate chips in his cookies. It was our 4th date... We had just finished miniature golfing (where I kicked his trash TWICE!!) We were sitting in his car listening to Brandi Carlile when he turned to me and very seriously asked "what kind of chocolate chips do you like in your cookies?" We had opened up quite a bit with each other by this point, but nothing we had talked about thus far was as important as this question. I knew how much was riding on this answer. There is only one right way to answer this question and "milk chocolate" is not it. I was so disappointed in him when he shook his head at me as I answered... it's ok, though. I told him we could compromise. I'll split the dough in half when I make cookies so I can have semi-sweet and he can have milk chocolate. See, we're already compromising so well. ;)
-Jarvis is an Ag Science teacher at two high schools in Ogden. He's awesome and scored the jobs the day before school started this year. It made for quite an eventful week and I'm so proud of him!! He absolutely loves teaching and is having a lot of fun with his students. On the first day of school he told them he loves Dr. Pepper and I don't think a week has gone by that he hasn't had a student bring him a drink.
-Jarvis will be graduating from Utah State University this December. He was super involved on campus and in his fraternity and I'm sad for him that it's all coming to a close, but I'm excited that he'll be graduating and moving on... (more like moving on and THEN graduating in his case. Haha)
-Jarv loves horses and sheep and all things farm and country. He grew up in Spanish Fork and although I wouldn't say he's 100% cowboy, he's definitely more country than I am. And he is loving this whole "countrifying" business with me!! He's teaching me how to ride horses and identify different types of cattle. I'm still not great at identifying horse names, BUT I can now recognize George Strait and Johnny Cash when they're playing in the car. So that's an improvement. ;)
-Jarvis is so easy to be with. He is so much like me. We totally get each other. We are very different in a lot of ways, but we think the same, we react the same. I know I can look at him and he knows what I'm feeling or what I'm thinking. He is in my corner always and I know that I can count on him for anything. We don't always agree with each other, but he never makes me feel bad for thinking differently than he does. He's open minded and brilliant and so loving and caring. He is so good to me. He's respectful and kind and so much fun!!! He makes me laugh all the time. I love him so much!!
When I was driving through Idaho a couple weeks ago I was thinking about Jarvis and how great he is and how good he is to me. I got thinking about my past relationships and how those guys made me believe that the man I wanted didn't exist. I had been in two serious relationships before Jarv and after I ended those I seriously questioned myself and my priorities. I started to wonder if my expectations were too high, like I had been told so many times by one of my ex-boyfriends. I questioned myself and wondered if I would ever find the guy that could lead me in my relationship with God and Jesus Christ, but who would also know how to deal with my crazy, adventurous, wild side. I wondered if I would ever find the guy that was a little rough around the edges like I needed, but kind and loving, too. It all kind of flooded through me while I was driving and I was so overcome with gratitude that Heavenly Father sent me Jarvis, the perfect man for me. It brought me to tears to think about how blessed I am to have Jarvis in my life.
So yeah, it's fast... believe me, I know that. But when you know, you know... you know?! :)


3 comments:
First of all, congrats! You are cute. Also, I so know about being "that couple." That's how Austin and I felt. I swore I'd never be one of those girls. Oopsie! Glad I was!
congrats! I'm so happy for you.
that is so exciting. you guys seem so cute and i can tell from the way you talk about him that you guys are so in love. ah love makes me happy :) i'm really happy for you lauren! congrats!
Post a Comment